Dell EMC Data Protection Solutions
In the backup space, many of you only know Dell for their higher end Data Domain appliances. In mid-2019 Dell EMC announced a completely overhauled Data Protection Solutions product portfolio, the result of years of work and huge capital investments. This portfolio is meant to cover everyone from the SMB to the Fortune 500 enterprise. You can checkout summaries off all of Dell’s offerings below. If you need help navigating your options, give xByte a call. We are here to help you find the most cost-effective solution for your needs.
Dell EMC Data Protection Suite – 3 Software Applications; Avamar, Networker, and RecoverPoint.
- Avamar and Networker completely updated and re-coded, built on micro-services, and re-released. New features and updated releases are now frequent, so new innovations and increased compatibility are brought to your disposal more quickly. Features in the DPS portfolio are fixed length deduplication or DD patented variable length deduplication, snapshots, backup to disk or NAS and or tape, protect both physical or virtual environments, remote office backups, & Virtual Editions for DR or Cloud.
- Comprehensive backup and recovery
- Continuous replication for any Point-in-Time recovery (DVR like)
- Application consistent protection with governance and oversight
- Cloud disaster recovery
Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Series Appliances
- The #1 purpose-built backup appliance vendor. Data Domain has a new name, the new models are DD3300, DD6900, DD9400, DD9900 & DD Virtual Edition (VE).
- Works with Dell EMC DPS in addition to many popular backup applications like Veeam.
- DDBoost shortens backups and increases security over NFS and CIFS.
- DD3300 brings legendary Data Domain functionality to the SMB market, 2U and up 4.8PB Logical Capacity with Cloud Tier! DD can cover businesses under 1TB of data up to 211PB!
- All DD appliances support replication, DDBoost, encryption, VTL, Cyber Recovery Vault, Cloud Tier, Cloud DR, and Data Domain’s variable length deduplication.
- DD variable length deduplication delivers an average 55:1 data reduction. Purchase less storage leading to lower overall TCO and improved ROI!
Dell EMC Integrated Data Protection Appliances (IDPA)
- Turnkey appliances integrate DPS software with hardware that features industry leading tech from Data Domain.
- Protection storage and software, search, and analytics in a converged appliance.
- Instantly restore VMs
- DP4400 aimed at the SMB market!
- for the Hybrid/Multi-Cloud world
- IDPA models DP4400, DP5300, DP8300, and DP8800.
- Protect under 1TB all the way to 150PB.
- Flexible consumption options available with Flex on Demand.
Dell EMC PowerProtect X400 Appliances
- HCI backup appliance integrated with PowerProtect Data Manager application
- Hybrid, All Flash, and Virtual Edition (VE) options
- Up to 27TB/hour throughput per cube.
- Empower data owners with powerful data reuse and or IT Ops governance.
- Discover, backup, and recovery of Kubernetes containers.
- Useable capacities from 64TB to 1.15PB
- Long term retention to AWS S3 is included with X400 Capacity Licenses
- SaaS based management, easily monitor and manage from anywhere.
All of Dell EMC’s Data Protection Solutions are covered by Dell EMCs Future Proof Loyalty
- Three-year satisfaction guarantee
- Hardware investment protection
- Clear price
- All-inclusive software
- Never-worry data migrations
- Data protection deduplication guarantee
- Storage reduction guarantees
- Cloud consumption