Cisco Catalyst 9117 Series
The Cisco® Catalyst® 9117 Series Access Points are the next generation of enterprise access points. They are resilient, secure, and intelligent.
Hyperconnectivity with steady performance in demanding environments.
- The IEEE 802.11ax emerging standard, also known as High-Efficiency Wireless (HEW) or Wi-Fi 6, builds on 802.11ac
- Provides a connection rate of up to 3.5 Gbps—significantly higher than rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11ac
- OFDMA-based scheduling splits the bandwidth into smaller chunks called Resource Units (RUs), which can be allocated to individual clients only in the downlink direction to reduce overhead and latency
- Supporting eight spatial streams, MU-MIMO enables access points to split spatial streams between client devices
- A new power savings mode called Target Wake Time (TWT) allows the client to stay asleep and to wake up only at prescheduled (target) times to exchange data with the AP
- The Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst 9100 Access Points provides an easy-to-deploy and manage option that does not require a physical appliance
- A feature available in Cisco DNA Center, allows IT to give end users control of their very own wireless network partition
- Application Hosting on Catalyst 9100 Access Points helps future-proof and simplify IoT deployments by eliminating the need to install and manage overlay networks
- Provides uplink speeds of 5 Gbps, in addition to 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 radio to enable IoT use cases such as location tracking and wayfinding