Double the Warranty
- Covered under your existing Dell PowerEdge Warranty!
Memory upgrades purchased from xByte Technologies can be added to your existing Server configuration and covered under your existing Dell Warranty!
- xByte Lifetime Memory Warranty!
xByte Technologies is excited to announce our new Lifetime Warranty on all Dell PowerEdge Memory we sell. Our simple No-Hassle Warranty, with advanced replacement, will cover your Memory purchase for the entire duration of your ownership of the hardware. Now you are covered by Dell and xByte!
Memory DIMM Types
With more memory, the faster that data and instructions can be read, written, and performed by the server.
There are three types of memory DIMMS for servers. These DIMM types cannot be mixed in a single system; you must select the type of DIMM appropriate for your workload at the time of purchase.
- Unbuffered DIMM: UDIMM, an unbuffered, low density, low-latency DIMM that does not include a register or buffer chip. UDIMMs are generally used in applications requiring the lowest possible latency.
- Registered DIMM: RDIMM, a registered DIMM that provides high signal integrity -- performing parity checking to detect improper addresses or commands -- and increased performance for heavy workloads.
- Load Reduced DIMMs: LRDIMM, uses a buffer to reduce memory loading to a single load on all DDR signals, allowing for greater density.
- Burn-in: Powered stress testing (i.e. increased temperature) to remove weak components.
- Component Test: Memory vendor-specific diagnostic tests performed at DRAM component level to ensure functionality.
- Module Test: Memory vendor-specific diagnostic tests performed at DIMM level to ensure functionality (with all DRAM components already mounted on DIMM PCB).
Random Access Memory (RAM) is a type of hardware that your computer uses to store information. Adding memory is one of the most cost-effective ways to improve your computer's performance.
Dell™ memory offered in the Memory Selector has gone through rigorous quality assurance and quality control testing to ensure it will work with your specific Dell System so it is fully compatible. Getting unqualified or generic products from other vendors can cause downtime that can seriously cost your business and put your entire system at risk. xByte Technologies only sells Original Dell Memory and is covered by Dell’s Warranty.
**Memory offered now may differ in speed from the original system memory but has been qualified to work in the system. When mixed, the memory will perform at the lowest speed populated or the highest speed allowed by the system.