Cisco network switches deliver performance and security. Cisco switches are scalable and cost-efficient and meet the need for any size of business.
Powerful campus backbone switches Get the scale, security, and simplified management you need to address today's business challenges. The Catalyst 6800 Series are powerful campus backbone switches. They're optimized for 10, 40, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet services, with slot capacity up to 880 Gbps. They are also compatible with Catalyst 6500 switches, helping you protect your investment.
Specifications at a Glance
- Highest-density 10 GE ports
- Advanced enterprise Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), and Multicast functionality
- Multirate interfaces for easy migration from 1 GE to higher throughput services
Catalyst 6800 Series Supervisor Engine 6T provides:
- Improved fabric that unlocks 880 Gb per slot on the 6807-XL chassis
- Large table sizes of up to 1 million IPv4 routes and 1 million NetFlow entries
- 8 x 10 GE and 2 x 40 GE uplinks for high-bandwidth applications
- 2.5 GHz x86 dual core CPU to enhance control-plane scale