Volume 1 / Issue 6
By Kat Jorgensen
CHAD KERNS: ENTERPRISE SALES REP
Chad Kerns is a Buckeye through and through. His whole family is from Ohio, and he is a big Ohio State fan. Chad joined the xByte Technologies team in 2018.
Chad previously worked as a law enforcement officer in Columbus, Ohio prior to moving with his family to Florida. Chad’s family had vacationed on Anna Maria Island, so when an opportunity presented itself, they returned to their vacation spot fulltime. In 2018, Chad started at xByte after hearing from other employees that xByte was very family oriented, with a great business culture and was growing. He started as a Sales Associate, but quickly moved up to an Enterprise Sales Rep position in 2019. Chad is a great asset to the xByte Sales Rep team, as he is great at communicating with people. His past in law enforcement taught him that communicating honestly and with integrity creates better interactions with his customers and creates a foundation of trust. Chad also learned how to be highly adaptable, enabling him to think quickly on his feet and be able to provide multiple options to customers making sure that every solution is the best deal for his customers.
5 things about Chad:
- Chad loves taking advantage of living so close to the ocean and enjoys time at the beach.
- When Chad is not working, he spends time with his family and friends. He enjoys throwing steaks on the grill when hosting friends and family.
- Chad enjoys photography. He likes capturing life as it happens, and he has plenty to capture with 2 kids and 2 grandkids.
- Chad enjoys hiking with his family in the Appalachian Mountains during the fall and spring.
- If he were to describe himself as a server, it would be an R730xd because it is a reliable, multifunctional machine that can be used for many environments, and it is a classic unit that still is offered with xByte support.
Memorable customer story
One of Chad’s customer was looking for a server solution. They had been quoted from another vendor a solution for $670k for the refresh they needed, however, that price was well outside of their budget and they would have to sacrifice some of their infrastructure needs to stay within budget. They reached out to Chad for a solution to fill all their needs. Within two days, the customers received an xByte quote for $98k. With the help of xByte’s Dell Certified engineers, Chad ensured that the solution not only met their requirements but also provided better performance. With great people like Chad on the xByte Team, it is not surprising why xByte can pride themselves on high customer service, making sure they make every interaction with customers a great one!
“Chad and the xByte Team have been an excellent resource to our business. They helped us size up IT infrastructure for our clients. He would go out of his way to find the resources/answers to all our questions. Thank you Chad and Team." – JS
Reach out to Chad for your IT solution by:
4614 19th St. Ct. East, Bradenton, FL 34203
Click here to meet the rest of the xByte Sales team: Meet the Team.